HumiSeal® Stripper 1091 dissolves cured HumiSeal® silicone coatings without negatively affecting printed wiring board substrates. HumiSeal® Stripper 1091 contains no ozone depleting chemicals and meets North American air quality regulations. HumiSeal® Stripper 1091 is in full compliance with the RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU.
Typical Physical Properties of HumiSeal® Stripper 1091
|Compatible HumiSeal® Coatings||HumiSeal® Silicone Coatings|
|Relative Evaporating Rate (BuAc=1)||N/A|
|Flash Point (°C/ºF) TCC||64/147|
|Shelf Life, from DOM||24 months|
HumiSeal® Stripper 1091 is safe for use on printed circuit board assemblies. HumiSeal® Stripper 1091 is compatible with metals, PTFE, polyethylene, and polypropylene. HumiSeal® Stripper 1091 will attack nylon and PVC. HumiSeal® Stripper 1091. Extended contact of HumiSeal® Stripper 1091 with aluminum (more than 8 hours) is not recommended. Testing components for sensitivity prior to full immersion is recommended.
Directions for Use
Immerse the component or printed circuit board assembly into HumiSeal® Stripper 1091. The rate at which the existing coating will dissolve will depend upon its thickness and age. Heating HumiSeal® Stripper 1091 will increase its effectiveness significantly (Caution: Do not exceed 52°C max). Some silicone coatings may take between 2 hours and 12 hours to dissolve.
After the existing coating has been removed, thoroughly rinse the assembly in isopropyl alcohol prior to rinsing in deionized water or other qualified cleaning process. Dry the assembly thoroughly prior to recoating.
HumiSeal® Stripper 1091 is corrosive and the following standard safety precautions should be observed:
- Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Protective gloves and goggles should be worn.
- In case of prolonged skin contact, wash with water.
- In case of eye contact, flush with plenty amount of water and contact physician.
- Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors.
- Unused portions of HumiSeal® products must be disposed of in compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
- Consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for more specific product information.