HumiSeal® Stripper 1072 dissolves cured HumiSeal® urethane coatings or HumiSeal® water-based acrylic coatings, without negatively affecting printed wiring board substrates or components. HumiSeal® Stripper 1072 is in full compliance with the RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC.
HumiSeal® Stripper 1072 is safe for use on copper, gold, silver or nickel plating, steel, brass, bronze, phenolic resins, amine cured epoxies, polyethylene, Teflon, Kel-F, neoprene, or vulcanized rubber. It will attack anhydride-cured epoxies and most silicones. It will either swell or dissolve polystyrene, vinyl, plexiglas, and acrylics.
Directions for Use
Immerse the component or printed circuit board assembly into HumiSeal® Stripper 1072. The rate at which the existing coating will dissolve will depend upon its thickness and age. Heating HumiSeal® Stripper 1072 will increase its effectiveness (Caution: do not exceed 48°C max). The use of mechanical mixers will speed up the dissolving rate. HumiSeal® Stripper 1072 can also be used to remove coating from small areas, by applying a few drops to the desired location.
After the existing coating has been removed, thoroughly wash the assembly in isopropyl alcohol, deionized water or other qualified cleaning process. If the component surface of is cloudy after washing, the removal is incomplete. The removal should be repeated for a longer time. Oven dry the assembly for a minimum of 30 minutes at 66°C prior to recoating.
HumiSeal® Stripper 1072 is flammable and the following standard safety precautions should be observed:
- Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Protective gloves and goggles should be worn.
- In case of prolonged skin contact, wash with water.
- In case of eye contact, flush with water followed by a diluted boric solution and contact physician.
- Avoid prolonged breathing of vapours.
- Unused portions of HumiSeal products must be disposed of in compliance with applicable environmental regulations.
- Consult the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS/SDS) for more specific product information.
|Compatible HumiSeal® Coatings||1A20, 1A33, 2A64, 1H2O Products|
|Relative Evaporating Rate (BuAc=1)||0.66|
|Flash Point (°C) TCC||40.6|
|Shelf Life, DOM||12 months|