HumiSeal® 1B73 Aerosol is a fast drying, clear acrylic conformal coating, intended for use on printed circuit assemblies. The product is conveniently dispensed from aerosol cans utilizing an environmentally safe, non-ODP propellant, and contains UV tracer for inspection under black light. The coating may be removed chemically using HumiSeal® Stripper 1080 or 1080A. HumiSeal® 1B73 Aerosol is IPC-CC-830 and RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU compliant.
Application of Humiseal® 1B73 Aerosol
- Allow 48 hours minimum to reach room temperature before using cans stored or received during cold weather.
- When applied in conditions of high ambient humidity, blushing (cloudy white film) may appear. Heating the coated assembly in an oven for 1/2 hour at 76°C eliminates this condition.
- Surface must be cleaned of dirt, wax, grease, flux residues and all similar contaminants for successful application of coating.
- Mask areas not requiring coating from overspray, using suitable non-silicone masking methods or materials.
- Shake can vigorously before using and repeat frequently during use.
- Best results are obtained by spraying from a distance of 30 – 40cm in light even coats. A film thickness of 25 – 75 microns is sufficient to provide protection.
- To clean nozzle after use, hold can upside down, then press nozzle for a few seconds.
Application of HumiSeal® Conformal Coatings should be carried out in accordance with local and National Health and Safety regulations.
The solvents in HumiSeal® Conformal Coatings are flammable. Material should not be used in presence of open flame or sparks. Use only in well-ventilated areas to avoid inhalation of vapours or spray. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Consult SDS prior to use.
|Density, per ASTM D1475||0.74 ± 0.02 g/cm³|
|Solids Content, % by weight per Fed-Std-141, Meth. 4044||7 ± 1 %|
|Drying Time to Handle per Fed-Std-141, Meth. 4061||30 minutes|
|Recommended Coating Thickness||25 -75 microns|
|Recommended Curing Conditions||24 hrs @ RT or 2 hrs @ 76°C|
|Time Required to Reach Optimum Properties||7 days|
|Recommended Stripper||HumiSeal® Stripper 1080, 1080A|
|Shelf Life at Room Temperature, DOM||24 months|
|Thermal Shock, 50 cycles per MIL-I-46058C||-65°C to 125°C|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion – TMA||67 ppm/°C|
|Glass Transition Temperature – DSC||42°C|
|Modulus – DMA||11.1 MPa|
|Flammability, per UL 94||V-0|
|Dielectric Withstand Voltage, per MIL-I-46058C||>1500 volts|
|Dielectric Breakdown Voltage, per ASTM D149||6300 volts|
|Dielectric Constant, at 1MHz and 25°C, per ASTM D150-98||2.6|
|Dissipation Factor, at 1MHz and 25°C, per ASTM D150-98||0.010|
|Insulation Resistance, per MIL-I-46058C||5.5 x 1014 ohms (550TΩ)|
|Moisture Insulation Resistance, per MIL-I-46058C||7.0 x 1010 ohms (70GΩ)|
|Fungus Resistance, per ASTM G21||Passes|