HumiSeal® 1B18 is a fast drying, clear acrylic coating available in convenient aerosol cans. Type AR and utilitizes an environmental safe, non-ODC propellant. Air dries to a hard, yet flexible film. The cured coating may be soldered through for replacement or repair of components leaving no residue. If desired, the coating may be removed chemically using our Humiseal® Stripper. Contains UV tracer for inspection under black light. 1B18 Aerosol is intended as a conformal coating for use on printed circuit assemblies. Its wide range application includes use on coils, connector housings, etc. It is an effective moisture sealant and provideds corrosion prodection on various metal surfaces. 1B18 Aerosol is also available in liquid form. U.L. recognized under the Component Program of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., File Number E105698.
- Surface must be cleaned of dirt, wax, grease and all similar contaminants
- Mask areas not requiring coating from overspray. Mylar backed tapes are usually effective.
- Shake vigorously before using and repeat frequently during use.
- Best results obtained by spraying from a distance of 12-15 inches in light even coats. A film thickness of 2 to 3 mils is usually sufficient to provide protection.
- To clean nozzle after use, hold can upside down, then press nozzle for a few seconds.
- Allow 48 hours minimum before using cans stored or received during cold weather.
- When applied in conditions of high ambient humidity, blushing (cloudy white film) may appear. This condition is easily eliminated by heating the coated assembly in an oven for 1/2 hour at 76.7°C
Application of HumiSeal® Conformal Coatings should be carried out in accordance with local and National Health and Safety regulations.
The solvents in HumiSeal® Conformal Coatings are flammable. Material should not be used in presence of open flame or sparks. Use only in well-ventilated areas to avoid inhalation of vapours or spray. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Consult MSDS/SDS prior to use.
|Density, per ASTM D1475||0.92 ± 0.02 g/cm³|
|Solids Content, % by weight per Fed-Std-141, Meth. 4044||30 ± 2 %|
|Drying Time to Handle per Fed-Std-141, Meth. 4061||30 minutes|
|Recommended Coating Thickness||25 – 75 microns|
|Recommended Curing Conditions||24 hrs @ RT or 2 hrs @ 76°C|
|Time Required to Reach Optimum Properties||7 days|
|Recommended Stripper||HumiSeal® Stripper 1080|
|Shelf Life at Room Temperature, DOM||24 months|
|Thermal Shock, 50 cycles per MIL-I-46058C||-65°C to 125°C|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion – TMA||67 ppm/°C|
|Glass Transition Temperature – DSC||42°C|
|Modulus – DMA||11.1 MPa|
|Flammability, per UL 94||V-0|
|Dielectric Withstand Voltage, per MIL-I-46058C||>1500 volts|
|Dielectric Breakdown Voltage, per ASTM D149||6300 volts|
|Dielectric Constant, at 1MHz and 25°C, per ASTM D150-98||2.6|
|Dissipation Factor, at 1MHz and 25°C, per ASTM D150-98||0.01|
|Insulation Resistance, per MIL-I-46058C||5.5 x 1014 ohms (550TΩ)|
|Moisture Insulation Resistance, per MIL-I-46058C||7.0 x 109 ohms (70GΩ)|
|Fungus Resistance, per ASTM G21||Passes|